White Trestle Desk Progress

I am having my Down East Outfitter's desk refinished this week!! Yay!  After hours of sweltering in the sun last Saturday (with the help from a new friend), the blue has almost been sanded off and 2/3 of the desk has been painted in this color:


It's not the brightest white but it was the brightest white at Lowes.  After a few more coats are sprayed, my desk will soon look like this:


But hotter.  Way hotter.
(My trestles are beefier and much more chic,  in my humble opinion.)

My eBay Antone Lorenz chair has arrived at a local freight warehouse, so I've been scouring the web looking for decently priced cowhides to make my own version of this:


Sick of seeing this chair on my blog yet?  I think it may be the third time I've posted it. I don't care. I love it.

If my dreams of metallic cowhide fall through, I do have a 'budget' friendly plan B.
I'd like to introduce you to Highland Court's Animal Skin in Seaglass:


Sigh... so pretty.

I can't wait to show you the finished results!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see them both finished! I am very jealous and sure they are going to look fabulous:)

    www.shoestringsophistication.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete