F. Scott Fitzgerald Hardback Classics by Coraline Bickford-Smith

My favorite book of all time is F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Great Gatsby."  It was a required read in my high school and I remember being absolutely swept away by the glamorous ambiance of Gatsby's garden parties, the suspense of love triangles and the beautiful words that filled the pages.  I even based the style of my wedding around motifs I read about in this American classic (minus Gatsby's pink suit, of course.  I don't think my husband would have been too keen on that...).


I know these books have traveled around the design blog world for the past few years, but they are so stunning, I couldn't help myself.  I have confessed it before and I'll confess again, I TOTALLY buy books for their covers (and pictures!) and this is one book that is just as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside, if not more so!  If you are someone who likes the option to take the cover off, don't worry, the hardback is just as marvelous:


Did you enjoy that little book cover strip tease?  I know I did.

You don't have to stop at Gatsby either.  Coraline Bickford-Smith has a whole collection of Fitzgerald's novels depicting the Art Deco Era (which has been and will always be my favorite design period):

Of all the covers, I find this one to be the most fabulous.  It's not out until the end of October but you can pre-order it on Amazon.  As if I needed another reason to look forward to October...

{images via Amazon}

1 comment: