A Day In The Life of A Designer

Life as an interior designer can be crazy.  Here's a snap shot of my day.

First, I started out with a space that needed a little TLC:



(These images are from before my client owned the home.
I didn't want you thinking my client is into buffalo and  ram heads amongst other clutter...)
Then I took several weeks to brainstorm, space plan, create design boards, shop, select finishes, materials, etc. etc. Today I was able to check in on the progress:


(painting out the hood, island, and built-in china TOTALLY changed the whole look of the kitchen.
It's much more fresh and clean.  Don't you just die over those pendants? That's all my client.  She has great taste.)
(Custom window seats and new carpet in progress- no low pile shag here!
Doesn't this room look so much better without Bullwinkle staring us down?)
I then ran to several different workshops to check in on the progress of custom furnishings:

(Custom captain's chair almost ready for the most adorable slipcover you've ever seen.)
(Reclaimed barn wood table after a little sanding, but before some finishing top coats.)
(Trestle table base)
After I gave my thumbs up on the custom pieces, I had to run and pick up a rug pad that just happened to be the last one in-stock, called the slipcover lady and text/called client with updates on the above progress.  All this before noon. Whew!  Interior design isn't as glamorous as it looks in the magazines, now is it?  

I wouldn't want to do anything else. I love it.

Stayed tuned for images of the completed project! 

{images via Brooke Jones Designs, LLC)

No comments:

Post a Comment