And The Chandelier of Choice Is....

A few days ago I posted this room inspired by an editorial image from Elle France.


I asked you, my readers, to help me with the lighting by giving you three fixture options to choose from.  I'm glad to announce we have a winner!  To my happy surprise the winning fixture was......

Option #3, Restoration Hardware's Foucault's Iron Orb Chandelier!!!


This piece was inspired by a nineteenth century physicist, Leon Foucault, and his gyroscope.  Makes you want to watch The Big Bang Theory, right?

 I say I was happily surprised because I thought most people would go for the more traditional fixtures.  Option #2 was close to being the winner...

...but then my fabulous sister made the comment that it looks like a naked lady oil lamp my chic Grandmother use to own...



Sadly, this lamp has a special place in my heart, though this may be one item from the 70's we shouldn't try to resurrect.  After a little research, I found out these lamps were popular in the 70's, along with disco and fondue.  Needless to say, this reference may have killed #2's chance of being the winner.

Thanks again for your participation!  I may have to take poles more often!

See the orginial post and comments here.

1 comment:

  1. The naked lady lamp!!!!!! That is my childhood in a lighting fixture...

    ReplyDelete