Sophisticated 70's

Thank goodness the 80's are going by the wayside.  Don't get me wrong, I am a product of the 80's, and they will always have a special place in my heart.  As far as fashion goes, though, we could do better.  How about a look that's clean, sophisticated, flirty, glam and best of all figure flattering?   Look no further than the 70's! 

Chloe Fall 2010 Ad Campaign
Flirty silk blouses, wide-brimmed sun hats, menswear inspired overcoats, and blown-out Charlie's Angels hair all help achieve this seductive look.  And girls like me with a little extra junk in the trunk rejoice! No more low-rise jeans!!!  No more doing the hike-up-the-pants-because-I-don't-want-to-show-crack dance!! Hallelujah.  We bootylicious girls can pull off high-waisted wide legged trousers without the dreaded "mom butt."  Finally, a look for real women.

Chloe Fall 2010 Ad Campaign
Camel. Camel, camel, and more camel.  This neutral is great to transition from Fall into Winter back into Spring, and is universally flattering on all skin tones.  The trick to making this look non-static is mix in different textures.  Try pairing a chunky cable knit sweater with herringbone wool trousers. Or finish off a jersey dress with a caramel-y leather belt.  The juxtaposition makes it work!
Chloe Fall 2010 Ad Campaign

J Crew Spring 2011 via Habitually Chic

Koton Fall 2010 Ad Campaign.  This TOTALLY reminds me of my Grandma.  She is still one of the most chic women I know.



Koton Fall 2010 Ad Campaign

Koton Fall 2010 Ad Campaign

Koton Fall 2010 Ad Campaign

Koton Fall 2010 Ad Campaign.  I want to wear this. Now.

Vogue Russia August 2010.  A polished Russian spy, no?

Vogue Russia August 2010

Vogue Russia August 2010.  I believe my mom has a vintage maroon dress with a tie like this hiding in her closet.   I may just have to steal it and pair it with the vintage Harris Tweed blazer I bought this summer.  Shhh... don't tell.

Vogue Nippon August 2010.  If anyone finds a pendant necklace like this one, I have been looking for one for years.  Let me know where I can get one!
Vogue Nippon August 2010

Vogue Nippon August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment