Combat Fashion: Military-Inspired Trend

Elle Spain
(This is what I'll be wearing next time I fly.)
What would be better to follow a post about military-inspired furniture than military-inspired fashion?  This trend is EVERYWHERE right now and I can see why. It's functional, comfortable, and so gosh-darn good-looking!

H&M Fall 2010
(I wish I could 'Bardot' my hair like that.  Note to self: grow thicker hair.)

H&M Fall 2010

Dior Pre-Fall 2010

Dior Pre-Fall 2010
(I DIE over this tweed number.  Do you think I could pull off those fur cuffs in real life?)

Dior Pre-Fall 2010
(The modern-day Rosie the Riveter, don't you think?)

Dior Pre-Fall 2010

NY Times Nov. 2009
(I didn't forget the men. Grrr...)
 The perfect compliment to this look is a great leather boot.  Anyone who knows me knows I like boots.  A lot. OK, I love boots. Maybe I'm obsessed.  OK, fine. My name is Brooke and I am a boot-aholic.

NY Times Nov. 2009
(The PERFECT boot.  I may have to get a pair custom made because I can't find these anywhere.  One day...)

Ann Taylor Peter Over-The-Knee Riding Boot
(I bought of pair similar to these last year and I would sleep in them if my husband would let me.)

BCBGeneration Adrice Boot

Piperlime Riding Boot
(The second most perfect boot)

Tory Burch Donovan Riding Boot
 To get this look, go for army inspired colors like olive, camel, and chocolate.  Look for skinny cargoes, capes, double breasted jackets, berets, sherling accents, and leather. Lots-o-leather.

Source Unknown

Source Unkown
(I know I should know this source.  If you know it, please let me know!)

Aryn K Military Jacket via piperlime.com
As with campaign furniture, this look has been around forever, so sometimes you can score a deal at second-hand stores.  My friend found a pair of vintage leather boots that lace up the back for around $10 a month or two back.  If they were in my size I would have stolen them by now.  Not that I approve of such behavior..

No comments:

Post a Comment