Can This Be Made Into A Room? Chloe Fall 2010

I still can't get all that camel off my brain from yesterday's post.  It must be a sign that I need to turn it into a room!


Chloe Fall 2010 Ad Campaign
 Of all the images from yesterday's post, I chose this one from Chloe because it was the most achromatic (no color).  What seems to be the easiest way to design a room, is actually the hardest.  I would much rather work with a room with a range of colors so I wouldn't run the risk of being stale.  When a room is as achromatic as this, one needs to rely on a variety of finishes and textures.


As with most bedrooms, I started with the bedding, which in this case is menswear inspired.  I would use the herringbone as the main fabric on the duvet and then add pillows in the hounds-tooth and waffle-weave diamond fabrics (Duralee).   I would then upholster a classic wing-back/camel-back bed in a camel suede (William Sonoma Home) and dress any windows in tan linen drapes (Pottery Barn).   The Chloe snakeskin bag I would interpret as a tone-on-tone cowhide (William Sonoma Home), for a little ruggedness and interest.

The real interest, though, lies in the hard surfaces.  The creme de la creme?  The vintage 1970's nightstands made with polished brass sheeting and finished with copper nailheads (1st Dibs).  Raarrrr....  Nothing beige about these babies.  To contrast against the high gloss finish, I would add a French key cabinet in a light lime finish (Global Views) at the foot of the bed and accessorize it exactly how they did in this image.  Why change perfection?  Add a gorgeous quatrefoil chandelier from Arteriors for a little more glam, and the room is complete!

So what do you think?  Stale and vanilla or serene and sophisticated?

No comments:

Post a Comment